Thursday, January 28, 2010

more photos

Bougainvillea flowers (I think that's what they are) are common all over Dakar.
Those are some fruit stands. Streets are lined with little market stands like these.

This is downtown Dakar. You can see the car rapides.


That's us in front of the President of Senegal's house. We were required to get a picture with the guard to show we had gone to different places downtown - awkward!



That's Aida - she works at the university and showed us around downtown Dakar. I was the first to buy something in the Sandaga market - Dakar's biggest street market that goes on for dozens of city blocks. I bought some flip-flops for about $3, but evidently I'm not good at bartering because my host mom said she would have paid about 75 cents.....




Me, Aminata, and another woman (forgot her name) who helped me learn about Senegalese culture.












A table in the living room - Mom, Marianne put your card there :)
















My living room.









No comments:

Post a Comment