Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is where Leopold Senghor - the first President of Senegal grew up - in y host family's village Dialor.
Basil - the guardian and gardener of the house.

Mangroves!!!


Me, Cecily, and Marianne cracking peanuts with the fam.



Robert, Cecily, me, and Rakkuyah (?). Shes the one who kept demanding I teach her how to dance in a club! Haha, me of all people!




Me and Marianne in a little pirogue on oneof the ocean inlets. I caught a crab with that stick!!!





Marianne's home in Dialor. We always ate outside in the garden.






I told Nancy I'd pay for her burger if she ate a heaping spoonful of pimon sauce (super super spicy!) and she's trying to do it here!! She finally did!







Raphael (the British voyageur, me, Nancy, & Rebecca leaving Ile de Ngor)

















This is off the coast of Ile de Ngor.









Me & Rebecca on the pirogue going from Dakar to Ile de Ngor.





















No comments:

Post a Comment